Sunday, February 04, 2007

If you can't say anything nice…

So I try not to talk about my X although I have done… here for instance because A: I have no interest in playing the role of bitter X wife and B: If you can't say anything nice… but honestly. I booked my four day weekend off… my "FUN" weekend to coincide with my X coming in from Ontario. Our son was to spend Feb. 8-13 staying at his Grandma's with his Dad. Yesterday, X phones and informs me he's changed his plans. Now our son will only be spending the nights of the 9th and 10th with his Dad. It's like this past Summer when the month originally discussed got changed to three weeks, then two. Or last Summer when three weeks ended up being 10 days. I love my son, but I was SO looking forward to some time alone. To just be and not be responsible to anyone for a few days. Is that too much to ask? What is wrong with that man?!! OK end of rant. I still want to have F.U.N. Fun… but it'll have to be compressed into two days.


I am late to the party but I am working on some Fetchings for my sisters (I have four… sisters that is… two of them have birthdays coming up). The cables are much easier than I thought they would be. I had a couple of false starts but now they are coming along fine. Rowan Cashsoft Aran is lovely to work with. A sale purchase from before Christmas.

I got to meet the Hanger's Dad last week, twice. Not quite sure what to make of that. Nice guy.

Speaking of birthdays, the boy is 13! An official teenager. I took him to our favourite fish restaurant to celebrate. I think the boy was a maritimer in another life, or may be it's all that Scottish blood in his gene pool but he's never met a fish he didn't like, he'll eat mussels, oysters, sushi anything. We started with crab-cakes and popcorn shrimp. He had calamari for his main meal, I had cod 'n chips. we split some ice-cream for dessert. Even with a couple of glasses of wine for me, it was under $45 and mmmm it was good!


Today, he's having a few buds over to go tobogganing.It's the perfect day for it!

I finished a wonderful book recently "The Birth House" by Ami McKay. Its central theme is the role of midwives in Rural Nova Scotia during the first world war. Check it out.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I understand your disapointment on your X's plan's changeing. I've been thinking of what you could do for fun. Could you get a small group of girlfriends to go out dancing? You don't have to get smashed, just go dancing. I also agree with the tobagganing. Last weekend I took my son to a birthday party to Lloyd's (old Rollerblading haunt) and I have to tell you, I really wanted to stay and put on the rollerblades. I looked like so much fun.

Most of all, I hope you enjoy yourself!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I understand your disapointment on your X's plan's changeing. I've been thinking of what you could do for fun. Could you get a small group of girlfriends to go out dancing? You don't have to get smashed, just go dancing. I also agree with the tobagganing. Last weekend I took my son to a birthday party to Lloyd's (old Rollerblading haunt) and I have to tell you, I really wanted to stay and put on the rollerblades. I looked like so much fun.

Most of all, I hope you enjoy yourself!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

I use to rollerskate at Lloyds! When I was in Art College, my pal Neil and I would often go there Friday nights!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Lexy Girl said...

Hi there. I wanted to thank you for your kind words at the Lime and Violet blog. I know Violet appreciates your kind thoughts and well wishes. Thanks so much for thinking of her.

I hope you had a great weekend.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Pelican Pier on 14th Street NW just North of John Laurie.

9:23 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Never too late for Fetchings, they're fun, aren't they?!

Girl, I feel your pain regarding the X making promises/backing out drill. Men: it's what they do. Please also don't feel guilty about wanting a break--we all need that. I don't know one parent single or otherwise that hasn't expressed those feelings to me. I feel it all the time. Ugh.
Hope your tests come out ok and keep watching that mail box!:)

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to check out that book! I'm happy to have been reminded, thanks to your post!

Fetchings is coming along nicely! I am thinking of trying a set out as my introduction to cables ...

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home