Monday, January 15, 2007

Good Things Come in Sevens!


Look!! A Finished Sweater--OMG I finished something isn't that amazing. It's not blocked yet but I am so happy… my FIRST finished sweater.


And here's Ginger, looking if remotely possible, even more pathetic than usual! Cmon' everybody… all together now… AAAAWWWWWW!

SO I am going to be a joiner… I am joining knit from your stash. The rules are here and I will be in good company as one or two of my favourite bloggers are also doing this so I will have some support. I look forward to seeing what people do with their stash. My exception is going to be yarn for charity knitting.

Now, having gone on a massive yarn buying spree in the weeks leading up to Christmas and for my birthday, I feel like I am cheating because all the yarn for all the projects I have set myself for 2007 is already purchased and in my stash. Plus enough sock yarn for 6 pairs of socks (not including the three pairs I already have on the go).

So here are my New Years Lists: Seven Sevens for 2007.

Here are 7 projects for 2007:
Knit 2 Together Felted House Slippers in Lopi Alfosse: 2 pairs
KP&S Men's top down Henley in Olive Misti Alpaca Worsted
Fibre Trends Favourite Hat 'n Scarf in Motherlode Lorna's Laces Chunky Swirl Plus a pair of mittens in same
Fibre Trends Dandy Dog Sweater in Cascade 220 Super Wash Bright Green
Knit 2 Together Lacy Hug Me Tight in Blue Sky Alpaca Alpaca/Silk in Mocha
KP&S Top Down Split Neck T-Shirt In Cinnamon Misti Alpaca Worsted
Another "Purl" Scarf (because I am addicted to making these and some day everybody I know will own one) in Sealing Wax Malibrigo

Seven Sock Yarns in my Stash
Koigu
Socks that Rock
Trekking XXL
Reggia
Linnie 3
Lorna's Laces
HWS Scheepjes

Seven Projects to Finish
Sizzle in Lavender Misti Alpaca Pima/SIlk
Fleece Artist Shawl in Icy Blue Goldilocks
Misti Alpaca Chunky Purl Scarf (from Last Minute Knitted Gifts) in Marine Melange
Sister's Socks in Trekking XXL
Eyelet Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Universal Toe Up Socks in Lorna's Laces: Lakeview
Everybody's Favourite Hat (Fiber Trends) in Orchid Blue Sky Cotton

Seven Worthy Causes
Warming Grace
Project Linus
Knitters without Borders
Lone Knitter's Blanket Project
Dulan Project
Afgans for Afghanistan
Send me one for this spot!!


Seven Bloggers I'd love to meet
(the toughest one… there are tons of bloggers I'd love to meet)
The ADD Knitter
Stitch Mistress
CanKNITian
The Knitting Hammy
The Lone Knitter
Two Wooden Sticks
The Yarn Harlot

Seven (Non-Knitting) Books to Read or Re-read
"Broken for You", Stephanie Kallos
"The Birth House", Ami McKay
"A Complicated Kindness", Miriam Toews
"the curious incident of the dog in the nightime", Mark Haddon
"A Perfect Night to Go To China", David Gilmour
"The Kite Runner", Khaled Hosseini
"Bel Cantos", Anne Patchett

Seven CD's to Listen to
Josh Stone: Mind Body and Soul
James Blundt: Back to Bedlam
Jack Johnson: On and On
Dave Stewart and Mick Jagger: Alfie Soundtrack
U2: 18Singles
KD Lang: Hymns of the 49th Parallel
Jane Sibbery: Bound by the Beauty

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater looks awesome! I really do love the yarn that you chose - I'm a fan of things varigated :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Awwww....I'd love to meet you TOO!!!

Wow--congrats on the sweater, it is perfect and looks semi-complicated, was it?

Yes, knit from your stash, do it girl. Watch out, there are so many enablers out there. Many people posted on my blog and told me that 'sock yarn doesn't count as stash'!!!

9:04 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Awwww....I'd love to meet you TOO!!!

Wow--congrats on the sweater, it is perfect and looks semi-complicated, was it?

Yes, knit from your stash, do it girl. Watch out, there are so many enablers out there. Many people posted on my blog and told me that 'sock yarn doesn't count as stash'!!!

9:08 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Awwww....I'd love to meet you TOO!!!

Wow--congrats on the sweater, it is perfect and looks semi-complicated, was it?

Yes, knit from your stash, do it girl. Watch out, there are so many enablers out there. Many people posted on my blog and told me that 'sock yarn doesn't count as stash'!!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first sweater! Ginger is definitely adorable. What a cutie.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Way to go with that sweater! Top-down raglan is the way to go. Love it. Looks like we have some similiar lists for this year too - I did my first Sizzle with MistiAlpaca Pima Silk. #2 will be in Berocco Glace. My Split Neck T is past halfway - great pattern - you'll love it after that gorgeous wrap cardi!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

I wanna meet you too! Ginger is so sweet! Your sweater looks really polished. Are you sure it's a first? I'm still trying to make a go on my sweater. I've made a swatch--but I'm so scared to start the sweater. I don't want to mess up.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home