Tuesday, December 26, 2006

happy birthday to me…

Another Christmas past. Hope everyone had a lovely day. My Mom told me the Christmas I was born was the best one she ever had. All day Christmas Day people catered to her every whim… she didn't have to lift a finger… she got to open presents… ate a lovely dinner she didn't have to make… saw my 4 older sisters into bed and the next morning she got a late present… me! Boxing Day is no great shakes as far as birthdays go… the day after the big day… it's always subdued… this has become a HUGE plus the older I get ;-D.


I had a bit of a sleep in this morning in then took myself down to Make1 for their Boxing Day Sale. Normally I boycot Boxing Day Sales on principle but sometimes one must make an exception. I made a list of projects and what was needed to make them, then settled on just two: The Felted House Slippers from Knit2Together (Lopi in Dk Green Heather,Orange Rust, Dk Brick Red and Olive enough for a pair for me and a pair for the boy) and the Lacy Hug Me Tight also from Knit2Together in Blue Skys Alpaca/Silk in Mocha. I bought yarn for them plus some Lorna's Laces chunky for a hat scarf and mittens… just because it was so pretty and such a great deal. It was crazy… it was fun… it was my birthday present to me. My son's birthday present to me is that he's gone over to a friends 'til this evening… giving me time to sit and contemplate my ever increasing stash and, of course, knit.


I finally started something new. Another "Purl Scarf" in Misti Alpaca Chunky-Marina Melange, Kid Silk Haze-Hurricane and GGH SIft Kid-078. The three shades of blue look really good together and on big needles, it's a fast knit. I need a fast knit to go with my slow knit green sweater (only a third of a sleeve to go) and socks. I have lots of birthdays coming up in February and March so I'm sure it will find a good home--if I don't decide to keep it.

5 Comments:

Blogger carmelclose said...

Did you have some yummy hot chocolate and baileys? I love that store, and the Visa people wholeheartedly support me LOL!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for your nice comment today on my blog. And Happy Birthday (belated) to you! Looks like you got a good haul! That brown yarn (Blue Sky Alpaca/Silk, maybe?) is just gorgeous -- will make something luscious, no doubt. And I have several balls of that exact shade of Misti Alpaca chunky -- love that yarn!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Happy Birthday Marnie,
If that blue yarn is as gorgeous in real life as it is on my monitor, it is amazing. Love it!
PS...How's the Hanger?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Happy Birthday to you. Looks like you have a lot of birthday goodies. The Lorna's Laces chunky is beautiful. I'm looking forward to see how it will knit up.

5:58 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Happy Birthday Marnie!!! Our LYS has a New Year's Day sale coming up and I'm trying to remind myself how much I DON'T need to go, but I'm sure I'll wind up there somehow...

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home