Monday, December 11, 2006

Score!!



Guess if I want to get people talking, I should bring up my love life more often ;-D. Believe it or not, I DO appreciate all comments re: the whole "Hanger" issue. Even the ones who nicely (or otherwise) tell me I'm an idiot because that's exactly what friends are for! I do not believe anyone can change someone else. Everyone deserves to be accepted for who they are. Nothing bugs me more than a woman attempting to turn every guy she meets into her latest renovation project. I do, however, believe that people can change. I would hate to be held to the person I was at say…30. What I have seen in the Hanger lately is a radical change, he is not the same shallow, good time boy I started hanging out with. He's different. He told me once that you don't tell people you love them--you show them. He is trying to show me.

Major Score!! Dropped by the LYS today… Misti Alpaca and Cashsoft Aran 20% off. I only went there to pick up a pair of dpns (needed a bigger size) and some Cascade superwash to make my friend's dog a sweater but who could resist. I bought 6 skeins if Misti Alpaca in Cinnamon--enough to make myself a cozy sweater and 4 balls of Cashsoft Aran, 2 in Winter White and 2 in Tornado, (by now pretty much everyone knows what you can make with Cashsoft Aran). No I am not making Fetchings for Christmas but I do have some March birthdays coming up.

On the knitting front… finished the last of the 3 scarves. It's my favourite. It's more of a men's dress scarf than the other ones. It's Garnstudio Drops baby Alpaca 0506 double stranded on 4.5 mm needles. I love the softness of it. It has a lovely halo and is really cozy. Still trying to decide on fringe or no fringe.

And my sweater…a sleeve to go. Can't wait! I want it finished and have not started anything new. Have been sorely tempted by other projects but want to wear the darn thing so badly that I am sticking with it. If it doesn't fit your's truly will be shedding tears big time.

Still working on the toe ups too. I am convinced the secret to second sock syndrome is starting both socks at the same time. Yes the progress is much slower but they are progressing simultaneously which means they will both be done and I won't be faced with starting the dreaded second sock because (and it deeply shames me to admit this) I have never managed to finish a second sock. I'll let you know if my brilliant new strategy works.

We also have four brand new additions to the family. Dwarf aquatic frogs. The boy has named them: John, Paul, George and Ringo. Yes he is a Beatles fan. We hope they will be happy in their new home.

5 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Score indeed!! Love the Misti Alpaca, I still have yet to ever locate any in a store near me...I agree that people can change, look at your own life to see the answer to that question, right? Good luck!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Marnie- Bottom line, we all make our own choices, don't we?

Congrats on the frogs- what does Ginger think?

7:33 AM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Lovely new yarn! Will we get a photo of the froggies soon? I love froggies!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Jeez Ginger - which LYS?? I NEED some of that MistiAlpaca, IN THAT COLOUR!! And hey - did you vote in my blog poll?

3:41 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

and BTW, I really hope that the Hanger is trying to show you something and that something is love. You, and the Boy, deserve happiness. Fingers and toes crossed for you!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home