Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The black hole got me again...

So I have been a very bad blogger. Not only have I not been posting, I haven't even had my usual two bits to add on to anyone else's posts either. It wasn't really that I had a dry spell writing wise. I had stuff to say, it just wasn't stuff I felt like dumping on an unsuspecting bunch of knitters. You guys deserve better. Things are OK now though.

I am making a concerted effort to distance myself from the Hanger. One of my best friends aptly described him as a "Sucking Vortex of Angst and Drama". All I've ever really got from hanging around with him for the last 4 years is 4 years older. My good friends thought it would be helpful if I started seeing other men. Doesn't even have to be Mr. Right, just Mr. Distract me so that when the Hanger tries to suck me back in (and he always tries and always succeeds) I can say, "Actually, I'm busy." I think I may have found just such a man. A Fireman. A stand up, do right, and as my sister says... who doesn't love a... Fireman. We shall see. I must admit, the very thought of dating a fireman makes me a trifle giddy. As one of the gals at Knit Night put it... "Just think of the role playing games!"

Okay I'll tear myself away from that little fantasy... for now... I have been knitting. Nothing new, same ol bunch of WIP's. I am a slow knitter.

I finished a cute toque, just in time for some very frigid weather.

Still working on the boy's socks, Mr. Green Jeans and my VBF's Gigi Scarf which I sent her a picture of since it obviously was ready for neither her birthday nor Christmas.

I am still totally in love with SKB... oh how I love my SKB. I love the top downness of it, the lace inserts, just... everything!

I have also been busy acquiring.

I acquired a Namaste messenger style knitting bag and some new C*Eye*Ber Fiber "Mal de Mer"and Sheep 3 from Make One Yarn Studios.

I also acquired some Schaefer Heather, some Shibui Knits and I'm still waiting on a couple of other little treaties for my feeties, courtesy The Loopy Ewe. Hey, I needed some major cheering up OK?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger YawnOver said...

Cute hat! Is it a coincidence that it happens to be fire engine red? ;)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

May be it was a premonition... must admit, a lot of red has been finding it's way into my knitting of late. And I wore a delightfully low cut, red, cashmere sweater on our first date ;-)

10:10 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that toque, how Canadian of you!:)

And the fact that your friend called the Hanger "a sucking vortex of angst and drama" really made my day-how can you ever look at him the same way again?!!

8:14 AM  
Blogger sophanne said...

It's nice to know you're still out there.

I have managed to pass impulse buying at Webs tonight and passed up a post that had 5-10 presumably excellent money spending opportunities. I have the Namatse messenger bag and have been coveting the other since I saw one at knit night. MUST. KEEP. CLICKING. "NEXT". Do Not Click Links!

7:39 PM  
Blogger dana said...

I agree with the comments above... something about 'sucking vortex of angst and drama' just kills the mood with the Hanger, doesn't it? But a Fireman, that's a different story altogether! Good luck with that! (wink, wink)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I haven't been reading and only hit your blog today - A Fireman! Oh Baby - those are always some lovely arms to have wrap themselves around you.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Sooo, even though you've been caught in angst, one of my fav words btw, you bought a ton of yarn.
hmpf.
I need more angst in life....

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely yarn and great projects. Here's a funny thought - start knitting The Hanger a sweater, and that'll get rid of him for good!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home