Monday, October 22, 2007

Squeeeeeeee...

This is how I am feeling right now...

for the past while, I haven't been blogging much, it's 'cause I'm happy. really happy. No special reason, nothing super wonderful has happened. I don't want to think about it too much either... it might wreck the mood.

There are lots of little reasons to be happy, no one big reason. I love my new car. My son isn't having anxiety attacks any more. He has much better teachers this year and school is going well. I'm reading books that make me happy ("Buddha Da" by Ann Donovan and "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert for those who need to know). I bought some lovely, lacy new lingerie and a new pair of flannel PJ's, just for me. I'm knitting projects that are working and that are enjoyable to knit. I am taking a knitting class and going on a wonderful retreat in November, it's an opportunity to learn new things and spend time with lots of fun people. Work is going well, I love it there. I am feeling profoundly grateful for what I have.

I am love, loving Greenjeans, the LL Red Rover is awesome to work with and it fits perfect and is turning out super cute. This picture is a little washed out so you can see the cable pattern, it's fun and not too hard. Did I mention it's fast too?

I splurged on some Tilli Thomas Pure & Simple in Glampyre. I am making a quick slanted eyelet scarf for Angela, a co-worker of mine who is house sitting when I'm on the retreat and is crazy for purple. Great pattern, thanks for the suggestion Aunty Tink!

Finally, here is a picture of my finished mini wrap in Bam Boo. It still needs to be washed and blocked but I'm pretty happy with it.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

Ginger! I'm so happy for you- hooray hooray. I listened to Eat Love Pray on my ipod. What an incredible story.

7:48 PM  
Blogger YawnOver said...

Greenjeans looks great! And that Tilli Thomas yarn is yummy. I agree - don't question joy. Just en-joy while it lasts!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Thank you for sharing your positive feelings! So often, people only mention it when they're feeling lousy. It's a big boost to hear about someone feeling happy.

1:58 PM  
Blogger granolagirl said...

Wow look at you knit! The wrap sweater is great, it looks wonderful on your body type!
Have fun on the retreat!

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great sweater! Will you bring it on your retreat? It's really lovely.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home