Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Stay on target…

My favorite line from the first Star Wars movie is when Han Solo says to Luke Skywalker, "Don't get cocky." My son once asked me, "Why does he say Don't forget the car keys?" So when ever we watch it (Star Wars is a regular feature on movie night in our home) I yell that out and we laugh our heads off. My line of the moment is "Stay on Target..." because I have finished the body of Mr. Greenjeans and am about to start the sleeves. That's lightening fast for me! And yet I am tempted to loose focus and start something else. I bought Stefanie Japel's "Simple Knitted Bodice" and I found gorgeous yarn for it (at the "other" store) and now It's taking all my will not to cast on!

I Picked up some Lang Silk Dream for the main body and Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in a slightly lighter shade for the lace inserts and trim. Don't they look Lurvly?! Of course I would love to have made it in Tilli Thomas Pure and Simple and Rockstar as the pattern recommends but they are a little dear. One skein for a gift scarf, doable, 6 skeins total for a sweater for myself, not so much. I am hoping I have enough to make it slightly longer, more tunic length for over jeans. May be if I don't make the sleeves as long. I'm quite partial to 3/4 length sleeves. I bought every ball of silk dream in the store so I'm hoping there's enough.

Any words of advice on this project? I keep hearing to go down one size. I swatched once already and couldn't get gauge so I need to go down a needle size for sure.

Still loving the alchemy scarf (speaking of fast knits) although my ball of Tilli Thomas got all tangled so now I am taking the time to detangle and rewqind it before continuing on.

And a gratuitous picture of Ginger, I am thinking about buying her her very own faux fur and leather bed (we have them at work believe it or not) just becasue she likes mine so much and it would be funny.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I've admired the Simple Knitted Bodice for nearly six months now, but I'm still too chicken to try to knit myself a sweater :) I can't wait to see how your SKB turns out!

I think that the ribbon shell that I've favourited on Ravelry is yours. I adore the colour ...

2:47 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Harrison Ford is one of those actors who can take a line that looks like nothing on the page, and turn it into the best part of the film. He's also reported to have said to George Lucas once, of a particularly bad script which Lucas had written, 'You can type this cr*p, George, but you can't say it.' I wish more actors would say that.

But I'm afraid I have no suggestions about your Bodice.

4:24 AM  
Blogger YawnOver said...

Love those gratutitous daschund shots ;) That yarn is amazing.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

I've long admired that pattern, and in purple Lurvly!!

I'll be watching your progress and drooling!

5:21 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That Simple Knitted Bodice has held my interest for a while, can't wait to see that!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home