Saturday, October 13, 2007

Ssssh... Busy knitting

No Blogging, lots of knitting.

Thanks for all the responses to my question. I will find a project worthy of the Tuareg, I promise, but in the end, redrover won the day. The LYS people all voted for the red (and they've seen me in red). I swatched both and liked the definition in the cables better for redrover. I am loving the pattern, I highly recommend it and it's a fast knit!

The boys sweater is another matter. Endless stocking stitch.
"Boy, could I run a nice cable down the arm?"
"No."
"Could I put a band of colour around the chest?"
"No."
"How about a little ribbing?"
"No, I just want a plain, green sweater."
Endless stocking stitch.

And the boy socks, portable and always there

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

at least it wasn't "Boy will you wear a knitted sweater?"

"No Way."

9:40 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, I'm slogging away on a sweater as well, it's endless!!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I'm glad you chose the red. I love red, and that yarn is awesome. And I hear you on the Boy's sweater. I'm making one for my older son. Blue. Just blue.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Bellflower said...

What is it with boys and hectares of plain green stocking stitch? I did one for my brother in law last christmas. He is not a small man either. Thank the fates for the Sticks & String podcast or I might not have made it through!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

I think this is why knitting was taken over by women- men only want boring stright stitch and women took knitting to new creative heights!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home