Sunday, October 28, 2007

Oh happy day...

A day off after an insane work week. Yeah!! We busted out the Christmas decorations, the store looks spectacular and there was a feeding frenzy on yesterday fur sure.

I am loving the projects I am working on. If you haven't already, I would seriously recommend adding Greenjeans to your queue! It is an awesome pattern. 'Course Amy is a fabulous designer so it stands to reason.

I am also enjoying the slanted eyelet scarf from Alchemy. It's my first lace pattern. It's a quick easy to memorize pattern and progresses nicely. It's perfect for gifts as it only calls for one skein of yarn. I think the trick would be to counter the simplicity of the pattern with a truly fantastic yarn. The Tilli Thomas I'm using IS fantastic. Photographs really don't do justice to how vibrant it is. I am making it for a 19-year-old tiny little miss, a little bit goth, loves purple (happened to mention she wanted to buy a pretty scarf to contrast with her black leather jacket and studs) and she looks amazing in jewel tones so I'm hoping she'll like it.

I'm still working on the boy's sock and sweater but they are slow projects and it's nice to work on things that zip along a little quicker.

Still in a great mood. I usually suffer quite severe SAD and it starts hitting me about now (back before I had responsibilities, I use to quit my job, always in November every year or two). I've been taking Melatonin supplements to help with sleep issues, the boy's paediatrician recommended them for him and I thought I'd try them as well, it seems like they might be making a difference with the SAD.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

EZ scarves-nice yarn-good idea! 2 nights maybe?

I'll have to give Mr. Greenjeans a second look- there's enough chatter about it.

5:21 PM  
Blogger YawnOver said...

Greenjeans looks fantastic! And I love the scarf. The Tilli Thomas is so beautiful, I'm sure lil miss will love it ;) I'm thinking about making the little Tilli T purse from IK Holiday 07 - lurve that yarn.

9:44 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Thanks for hte Greenjeans rec!!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your projects are turning out beautifully. Have you thought about getting one of those special lamps (for SAD) you can sit under? Maybe that would help too - although I don't know anyone who uses one. (Out here in CA it's sunny nearly all the time!)

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home