Monday, October 16, 2006

Oh the weather out side is frightful…




And my fire is so delightful…since Mondays are my day off…let it snow let it snow let it snow!

After all…What more perfect excuse to spend the day knitting could there be?

My top down cardi is coming along swimmingly…


my Dad's scarf looks great, I keep trying to get a picture of it that will do justice to the colour.


I am yearning to make something "Fetching" and to turn these beauties into a Purl Scarf but I am standing firm in my efforts to complete WIP's!


My Toe Up Sock class got postponed for 2 weeks but that didn't stop me from heading down to Make One and picking up this lovely Trekking XXL in a soft 'n yummy, bluey plummy colour way. Should look great with blue jeans.

Can you tell I'm in a smashing, good mood?

We've been unpacking box after box of Christmas ornaments at work, put me in the festive spirit I guess. For those amoung you who humbug Christmas…I am not your girl! I am all about winter, I love snow, tobogganing, X-country skiing and most of all I love Christmas! Not the getting of presents but the decorating, the festivities, buying and making presents (and wrapping and hiding them) for others…the whole family thing! It may have something to do with the fact that had I been born but one, lonely day earlier, my Mom was going to name me "Holly Noel".

Anyway…to all of you who embrace the cold, wintery weather…HAPPY SNOW DAY!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Marnie- I'm so with you on that. I ADORE snow, and cold weather, and having a fire, and all that. I'm a true Canadian.

5:33 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You little brat, you've already had a snow day?!! MAN do I misss Minnesota right now!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Hee Hee Hee and it's STILL snowing!!!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to say I love me a rip roaring snow storm (of course when I am home and don't have to go out). I too love winter, christmas (not for the receiving but definitely for the giving, etc) and must be a dyed in the 'wool' Canuck! I love that red yarn and congrats for sticking to the finishing discipline!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Your snow pictures looks gorgeous. Makes me miss the lake effect snow I used to experience in Indiana. No snow in Brooklyn, but I still wish I had a fireplace to knit in front of.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home