Friday, February 09, 2007

Feeling Blue…

Actually, I'm not feeling blue, at the moment I'm feeling relieved.

But on Monday, when I was feeling blue and had my lovely test lurking… went to the yarn store… fell off the KFS wagon BAD but it was worth it. It was hard not to yield to temptation. Make 1 had not only new Malabrigo but Colinette Jitterbug sock yarn (can Malabrigo be my exception to KFS?). Jitterbug is knit it on slightly larger needles which gives me hope. I purchased a sweater's worth of Malabrigo in "Tuareg", a ladies top down cardigan perhaps? and one lovely skein of Jitterbug 85 "Jay". These are both blue and can you see how intense the colours are? Who could possibly resist? I've added in my first fetching just to add to the blue theme.

My gorgeous new blue and chocolate brown bra (please excuse the cheap cleavage shot) and a blue top that I'm loving. All I need now is some blues on my iTunes and I'm all set.

Are Fetchings addictive or what? Talk about the cure for Fast Finished Objects.

Anyway, back to the test. It went, the tech was great, her initial comment was to the effect of "Well at your age everything starts going to hell in a hand basket… it's just a question of what goes first." She was also hilarious about the "probe" she was using to take pictures. "It's not as bad as it looks, trust me, if it went all the way in… I'd be taking pictures of your thyroid." It was obvious she found something "of interest". The call back was today and confirmed exactly what my Dr. thought was going on… I have some fibroids. The really great news is I don't have to have surgery, yet. I do have to go on a fairly strong birth control, take anti-inflamatories and monitor the situation but big deal. I feel like a dork getting worked up over nothing but January was pretty scary and as a natural born worrier… I was doing what comes naturally.

And now it's my FUN weekend. The roads suck but I've been catching up on pod-casts. Lime & Violet is great for a laugh. Wacky fun. Lime & Violet are hilarious but I have to say Sticks and String is still my favourite pod-cast. May be it's David Reidy's gorgeous Australian accent I can't resist. Or the opening strains of Bach but I love that show! Going out with the kids at work tomorrow night. Tonight is movie night at Make 1. That could be fun!

I am currently reading "A Complicated Kindness"by Miriam Toews. So far it's very good! It was a 2004 Governor General Award Winner and Giller Prize Finalist. "Darkly Funny" is the description that comes to mind. I think you would need to have a pretty dark side to enjoy this book.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your blues; very rich - if you are going to fall off the wagon this is definitely the way to go. A Complicated Kindness is fantastic - loved it (it is such a quirky fabulous read)! Good luck with the fibroids; they suck.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your "blues" are gorgeous! I've heard about how wonderful Malabrigo is - but none of my LYS carry it. Good news that your tests came out okay - it's so scary though. Phew, thank goodness you won't need surgery. I'm with you, I love Sticks & Strings!! Probably not just for the accent, but it's such a nice addition, huh? Knitty D and The City another of my faves, but they've been kind of MIA lately. :(

3:29 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Lot's of lovely blues! Your Fetchings are just beautiful. Congrats on the good medical news!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hooray for happy test results!!! So relieved to hear that you're ok...LOVE the blue and Malabrigo and Colinette completely don't count...

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear ... I can see that the scrapbook supply habit that I had when before I left Calgary is going to be replaced by a yarn habit when I move back!

Nice bra, btw ...

11:10 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh, btw, I forgot to mention that I love the awesome cleavage shot!!;)

4:11 PM  
Blogger carmelclose said...

It was nice to put a face with your name at Make1 yesterday. I don't believe that sock yarn like Jitterbug counts as anything when you're on the wagon!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

I'm so glad that your tests went okay. Don't worry about falling off the KFS wagon--you deserve it. And you got some really cute yarn to boot.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who used to work in a lingerie dept and saw many a horrid bra, I can say that I FULLY appreciate your classy cleavage shot with the beautiful brown and blue number! Thanks also for keeping up on the ongoing saga of my sister and her preemie baby.. your thoughts and support are definitely welcomed.

1:06 PM  
Blogger ♥ KNITTING ART said...

I couldn't see some of your pictures.But "blue" is perfect.I think you've the same problem about posting your pictures???I'm still trying to solve this problem.
Hope to hear your new projects.Mine

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home