Monday, August 21, 2006

I detect a theme…


Ever since I dyed my hair red… I have been obsessed with the colour green! It all started before I went out to OK Falls, I made an appointment with the lovely and talented Vicki at the salon next to my work for a cut and colour. When I went in, she said "I've been thinking about you… and I think you were born to be a red head!" I told her to go for it. I love what she did! She managed to flatter my "celtic" skintone and brought out the green in my eyes in a huge way. Now I am all about green! Green, Green, Green! Can't get enough of it.



I went to Make One today to buy stitch markers and stitch holders and what did I come home with…green wool. I went shopping for new jeans and what did I come home with… new jeans and a green tank top. It's a theme! I bought 2 skeins of the most yummy Malabrigo Merino Wool in "Olive" I don't even know what I want to make with it… it's just so soft and smooshy that I had to have it. I'm thinking an "Everybody's Favourite Hat 'n Scarf" from FiberTrends or may be a "Purl Scarf" from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" I could get a couple different shades of green mohair to knit in with it. I'm thinking may be this, this or this. I also bought more sock yarn… in green of course! And a new Knowknits bag because my son --a lean, mean, green lovin' machine--bogarted the last one (my fault for wanting the green Camo one).

He took it to camp for his soap, toothbrush etc. and now he's taken it to Ontario. He phones me regularly to tell me how much he misses me. He's having an OK time, not great, but what can you do? I can ask his Dad see his own son but I can't force them to have a good relationship.

In his absence, I am knitting, reading and listening to my new MUST HAVE music… Josh Stone… check her out!

Speaking of the boy… I found the best T-shirt Web site in the world. Called "Threadless" the T-shirts are limited designs by a variety of designers and considering that they are run in limited numbers not mass produced, very reasonable. I plan to get the boy some for school.

I am still looking for knitting charities as well. If there are any near and dear to your heart, please, please… send them along.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the red hair....Love the green stuff! I'm an assisted strawberry blonde with a passion for all things green too.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the red hair! I think the green might bring out your eyes even more, that could be a reason to be into green with the red hair :-). I love the green yarn! How about a green mohair tank?

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home