Saturday, August 19, 2006

Where have I been?


Here… only one of the most beautiful places in Canada! I was in the Okanagan for my Aunt's memorial service. It was a sad trip but a good trip. I saw family, my sisters and my Dad as well as several cousins. We had a lovely visit. We shared lots of stories and memories. It was hard to feel sad because my Aunt lived a full life and touched a lot of people. She was the best… and she was very well loved.

She left behind a lot of wonderful warm and funny memories for her family and friends. She was also a knitter, weaver, spinner and dyer of wool. She left behind a lot of wool. My cousin has asked me if I would research worthy volunteer knitting projects that she could use some of that wool for… Projects that would reflect my Aunt's outlook on life and the things that mattered to her. So that's exactly what I am going to do. The first thing that sprang to mind was "Warming Grace". While my Aunt was ill, I told her about Warming Grace and that I thought of her with every square I knit. It was like I was doing something for her, it made me feel less helpless. The knitting community is huge and I'm sure other knitters have started or found other wonderful projects that I don't know about. Please pass them along.


Other than that, I am plodding along on my tube wrap from AlterKnits… 2-1/2" down only 69-1/2" to go… and moving quite nicely indeed on "Sizzle". I love the way the Misti Alpaca Pima knits up. The silk in it gives it such a nice sheen. Does anyone else suffer from denial over the need for reading glasses? I was finding it so hard to see the pale green I am using for my AlterKnits project that I was forced to paint the ends of my circular needles with red nail polish! It's still slow going but now at least I can see what I'm doing. You can never be sure but I think the dog approves!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your lost. If I find any other knitting projects, I'll make sure to pass it on.

I think the dog does aprove :). How adorable.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home