Friday, June 30, 2006

A Disconnect…

In more ways than one… I've been without internet access for 15 days. We had a massive electrical storm and my high speed modem was fried. The new one finally came today. It was so weird… I had nearly 100 e-mails to wade through. I don't spend a lot of time on the computer but was amazed when I had to do without it.

I am also doing OK in my effort to disconnect from "The Hanger". I told him I thought it would be for the best if we didn't see each other anymore that as much as he's my friend and I do love him, I can't deal with him. I am sad but at the same time it's a relief.

I've been devoting myself to doing my own thing. Hanging out with my son, going swimming at the pool. Which reminds me… Is it an unwritten law that all male lifeguards are gorgeous? I've read that women check out men way more often than men check out women but because women have such vastly superior periferal vision, we can do it without anyone noticing (gosh… hope it's true).

Speaking of schoolgirl crushes… Hey, hey it's a monkey… I saw this guy last night with one of my dearest friends, what a riot, I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face.


I started yet two more projects. A boarding hat for my neice in thistle and shell pink cotton and my Summer blue silk/cotton blend shell. I feel quite sure I will get them finished in reasonable time, (my 12-year-old neice has been very ill although she's on the mend now and I especially want to finish her hat) and yet even in my internet deprived state… nothing else has been finished since I finished the boy's hat.


Here he is wearing it, it's the same colour of green as his eyes. You can tell he loves having his picture taken… NOT! Unless he's playing Rugby, taking his picture guarantees I'll get "the look". SO does singing… calling him by his nickname in public… asking him about anything to do with girls… asking him to do chores… if he's 12-1/2 now… how many more years of "the look do I have to put up with? Anyone?

May be I should consider raiding his ADD medication 'cause GOD knows I can't seem to get anything done on my own. I blame the sunny weather.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking the look will last through at least high school!

Knit on, girlfriend!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm agreeing with Leah about the look. Well, tell him I think he looks very cute in the hat. The hat is really nice. Reading everyone's blog has me wanting to knit even more now.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home