Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I actually finished something!


My Son's cotton hat. It isn't blocked or anything but it's done! The boy was so happy when he saw it this morning.

Of course the only reason I finished it is because I couldn't sleep last night so now I'm a mess and I have to leave for work shortly.

I couldn't sleep because I was coming to a major decision. I am going to attempt to stop hanging around the hanger. He's just bad news. I'm going to miss him, we have so much fun together, but it'll never go anywhere.

He has a new girlfriend and already he's lying to her and cheating on her, yesterday he lied to her so he could take me out for dinner and he's saying he wants to change but I don't believe him. He moved in to his last girlfriend's townhouse and would invite me over for dinner and movies when she was out of town, or tell her he was going out to pick up some DVD's and come over to my place for coffee. She had no clue about that never mind anything else he was up to, her beagle Dani had a better picture of the situation than she ever did.

He wants to get married again but he has no concept of what it takes. He and I have been friends almost 3 years, a year longer than he and his first wife were married. It's all a game to him and I'm tired of playing along. May be if I stop seeing him I'll meet someone real.

I started hanging with the Hanger in the first place because he was so relationship impaired it was kind of amusing. I figured he was totally safe. When someone is that obviously amoral and shallow you know they can't hurt you. I use to think we were thrown together so I could teach him what real emotions are. I'm complex and he is hopelessly shallow and I thought may be something would rub off on him but it hasn't. I'm still sad about it though. I feel sorry for him that he can't see all the good stuff he's missing out on. The real stuff, the hard stuff.


I need to hug my dog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the hat! Hug your dog; Lorraine is right on - they love you no matter what.

Drop that guy like a hot potato! No matter what your relationship is, he will end up leaving you hurt and you don't need that. At least you are able to step back and look at this. Relationships are incredibly difficult.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason I can't see the hat or the dog. My computer might be acting up and not loading pictures. I'm sure the hat was great.

In regards to the hanger, I completely agree with what cynthia said above. He was bad news from the start and you deserve someone who's going to treat you better.

12:18 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh my that is SUCH a cute hat!

I am sorry for your angst but I feel that you deserve to be with a man who is full on with you and not emotionally unavailable. Good luck!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home