Sunday, July 09, 2006

Yarn Rampage…


Bad, bad me… I went to Make One. I love Make One, I want to live there… but every time I go there, I loose my mind!!! the plan was to buy this pattern. Instead I bought this patternthis yarn three skeins of it in "Lavender" to make it… sock yarn (my son wants green socks)… Art Yarns one skein of varigated kiwi green silk mohair and 2 balls of kid Merino in fog green with which to make the mult-layered tube shawl out of "Alterknits" I plan to do three wide stripes 1 of fog green kid merino, 1 of Art Yarns handpainted and another stripe of fog green kid merino and my last purchase, a wool bag from knowknits. And I am giving careful consideration to taking a spinning class oh bad, bad. Talk about blowing the budget.

While I was on my yarn rampage yesterday, I left the back of my ribbon shell in Make One… I went back today to pick it up and there it was lying neatly spread out on the coffee table in the middle of the room. I had awful visions of my knitting being critiqued in my absence. I may be happy with it but what if it's uneven… what if the decreases are not as they should be… what if its… bad? It was a little disconcerting.

Today was the crusher's final rugby tournament. It was a scorching hot day. I think I got a touch of heat stroke. I've spent most of the afternoon lying with a cold compress on my forehead.

I am quite proud of the boy, he negotiated himself a part-time job at the local corner store, a few afternoons a week cleaning and stocking shelves and they pay him minimum wage. I could never have done that at 12-1/2 but he did it all by himself. Good on him!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to take a "fact-finding" trip to Make One before leaving Calgary, but I didn't end up fitting it in ... quite sad!

The fog green is earthy and gorgeous!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Marnie, we were actually ADMIRING your work! I absolutely loved how the top was knitting up for you!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home