Sunday, May 28, 2006

I bet you're wondering about that date…

Well… if you must know I am a self confessed bad boy addict. The more badly "the Hanger" behaves the more I like him. Give me a guy who's amoral, self-absorbed, distant and incapable of commitment and I'm all over him. "Search n' Rescue Guy" is none of those things so naturally, there was absolutely no chemestry at all. We had fun, he's a nice guy but… zip, zero, nothing , nadda. He's way too ernest and for lack of a better word… decent. And this is why I'll never re-marry. At least I'm not unrealistic. You hang out with a "Hanger" and you aren't talking serious relationship. I know it's fun and that's all.

There is part of me that would love to find someone I could spend the rest of my life with and the other part of me is just way to cynical, not to mention independant, impatient, hard hearted and unsympathetic. I told "the Hanger" that the reason I hang out with him despite his many obvious flaws is that we always have a great time and he doesn't annoy me. Most 40ish men do seriously annoy me, they whinge and whine and feel sorry for themselves and who the hell knows why! I want to say "Suck it Up SweetPea! Your life just isn't that bad." It makes me think of that song by DIdo, "See you when you're 40". The part that goes: "Not sad because you lost me but sad because you thought it was cool to be sad, you thought misery would help you stand apart from the crowd but had you walked past me tonight I wouldn't have picked you out, I wouldn't have picked you out."

See I am not all sweetness and light… there's this whole other black hearted, witch queen lurking under the surface and the longer I am on my own, the more I turn to the dark side. It ain't pretty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

There is nothing wrong with it! In fact I am embracing my inner witch queen more with every passing day ;-).

I just don't want to inflict her on some poor, undeserving nice guy who runs around volunteering to rescue people and fight fires that's all.

She's much better suited to "the Hanger".

6:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would have to say that you are not alone in liking the bad boy; they do seem much more interesting and there is that challenge. Who is all sweetness and light? This world and our lives have a lot to do with the cynicism, impatience and hard heartedness we all feel; you are just being honest.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have that witch queen deep down inside. I say enjoy it while you can. If you're looking to just have a good time and not settle down, then the "Hanger" is the guy for you, right now. It's hard to find the man that is in between a good guy and a bad guy. Enjoy the dating scene for a while and have fun!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home