Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Socks 'n Animals…


I'm a little bit sock obsessed at the moment. You see, I've picked up a couple of new books I was just going to get the one Sensational Knitted Socks but I've heard good things about Knitting Vintage Socks and Amazon has a deal on ordering both. I've decided socks are a good thing for me, mostly because I am on an insanely tight budget and they will keep me happily occupied for days and days. I am loving both the yarns I am working with, I posted about the first pair of socks here and now I am making a pair for my sister using Trekking XXL which I've heard good things about. So far, it's great. I love the way the colour slowly tansitions, you barely notice the change from one colour to the next. It's all soft pastels and springlike without being too bright. I am making the body of the sock in a seed stich ribbing so it's a bit different. I thought the K3/p1 alternating with K All ribbing might result in a slightly more fitted sock. I love working with 5 dpns (as opposed to 4). I still like the socks I'm making for myself but the first one is not quite as fitted as I'd like. I went down one needle size for the next pair and that combined with a bit of ribbing should make for a nice fit.


I also couldn't resist a rare pic of my two beasts together. They avoid each other (or at least Ginger does her best to avoid Billy) unless Billy is feeling cruel, then she lays in wait for Ginger and takes a swipe at her from a top a chair or some other suitable hiding spot when Ginger least expects it. It was worse when I had 2 cats, they were sisters and delighted in setting traps so that there was no way Ginger could get past them without getting close enough to one or the other for a good swat. I am sure Billy was the instigator of that little game, her tattoo reads 666 and the vet didn't give it to her for nothin'!

The boy is at outdoor school this week and I'm working evenings 'til he gets back so I am enjoying a beautiful day. If only the city workers digging up the road outside my house would go away.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Socks! Gotta love the socks!

Cute pic of your beasties!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are going to love those books. The sensational book has the worst cover; it is so full of great patterns and it just isn't reflected on the cover. I love your socks. Love your animals; got to love those "sun bathers."

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sock-a-rama!!(is taht spelled right?) lol.

I think I need to post a picture of my beast too.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home