Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's a good day!


Any day that involves books is a good day! My copies of "Knitting Rules" and "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" came today. On first glance, "Knitting Rules" may be the single most useful knitting book I own. It's helpful, it's funny, it's great! "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" is a gorgeous book, Joelle Hoverson has impeccable taste in colour and design and the gift ideas are to die for. I can't wait to buy a little skein of Angora to try making the angora baby booties (the couple across the street just had a baby boy). I like that the projects are broken down by time needed to complete them. Even if they do take longer, at least you get a sense of what's involved.

I am head-over-heels in love with this Blue Sky Alpaca Cotton, it's a dream to work with and so incredibly soft. I'm making a little beanie for my X's sister's baby girl (hey, he may be history but I still love his family). The pattern is so quick and easy, I may make 2 one with shell pink as the main colour and orchid for the trim and one with orchid as the main colour and shell pink for the trim (one skein makes 2 hats). May be I'll make something else. Here's my progress on the beanie plus a swatch in seed stich. When my son felt it, he immediately wanted me to make a big hat for him in "boy colours", he likes the fern and toffee. He's seeing his Grandma this weekend so it would be nice to finish the baby's beanie so I can send it along.

On the job front, I have a 2nd interview with a company I'm seriously interested in on Tuesday. I want to go to work every single day and LOVE my job, is that too much to ask? When I worked in Advertising, I'd wake up in the middle of the night suffering anxiety attacks and most mornings there would be a knot in the pit of my stomach—kind of the opposite of loving your job. The thing that really sold me on this place in my first interview was how much the guy interviewing me loved his job. He just lit up when he talked about work and it wasn't hard to see why.

We'll see. The nice thing is I'm still on severance pay from where I was and I've had an excellent response to my resume. There is so much work in Calgary right now that it's not scary being unemployed. In fact, given the time of year, it's kind of nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home