Sunday, April 23, 2006

I Went with My Heart…


For now at least, I'm trying something new. I'm working for a company voted one of the top 25 companies to work for in BC. They sell well designed modern furniture and home decor accessories. I'm working in one of their street front stores in a neighborhood that I've always loved! I'm training in Kensington (which I also love). So far, It's great. It feels good to see someone's face light up when we find just the right fabric for a sofa and the perfect coordinating material for toss cushions and a chair. I still get to use my design skills setting up displays and helping people with fabrics, accessories etc. The day flies by, it's social, there's lots of variety, and I love interior design. We'll see how it goes. I may actually be able to afford to decorate my own home (currently decorated in sort of a minimalist "Shabby Chic" with the emphasis on shabby). The first 2 months will be tough but they are a growing company in a rapidly growing city so by all calculations, I should end up in better finances than before.
Good thing too because my car died yesterday. At least I can easily walk to work. The car is currently parked across the street from the garage I usually take it to. I'll see if I can get it going today. A couple of guys helped me push it into the parking lot and looked at it for me, nice to know there are still some good people out there! I was mostly pissed off because my yarn dealer was hosting a "Yarn Tasting" and I was looking forward to going.
And I lost my sock! It may be in the staff room at work or it may be in the car. I ripped the house apart this morning, it's usually in the purse/knitting bag I take with me. AAAgggh! And I lost a 4.5mm straight needle so I can't finish the square I'm working on! Double AAAAgggghhh!

3 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hey congrats on your new job, that sounds like a fantastic work environment...I also like the 'main street' feel but sadly work at a university in a stalinesque building!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Bess said...

Not that my unsolicited advice would have mattered, but I would have urged you to make just the choice you did - Time to see those faces light up, all because of you you you.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job; personal satisfaction is so under rated these days! I am so sorry to hear about your car; at least you can walk to work (which at this time of the year is more pleasant). Maybe Amy can put on another yarn tasting just for you - you should call and let her know; they are so nice there! Calgary is such a bustling city these days..

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home