Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It Snuck up on me...


The Retreat that is. I am so excited. An ALL DAY class with Stephanie Japel... y'all know how I feel about her. And I'm taking the fun bus out to Kananaskis. I need to pack. Warm things of course, layers, t-shirts, hoodies and a sweater or two :-).

Do I pack things I've made by the various designers teaching? My room mate this year was at retreat last year as well, she was wearing SJ's simple knitted bodice and it was just gorgeous! I hope she packs it this year.

What classes should I take on Saturday? We don't get to pick those ahead of time. The choices are so darn inspirational. So much awesome knitting talent in one place. Fitting your Knits with Stephanie Japel, Socks with Cookie A, Stump Stef with the Yarn Harlot, Shawls with Nancy Bush, Non Wool Fibers or Shawls with Amy Singer. And lets not forget, the hostesses with the mostest, Amy "Green Jeans" Swenson (it makes her sound like a sports celebrity don't you think?) and the lovely Sandra, two of my favorite people in the whole world.

Then there's the Stash and WIPs, I need to bring stuff for the various classes. What do I bring? My almost done SKB and Green Jeans, possibly, toques (like the one above that I made for one of my sisters... one down three more to go) and mitts (the plan is each sister gets a toque and matching mitts) and socks, probably, they are easy drinking knitting. My Ribbon Lace Scarf for the "Stump Stef class", it's been on time out ever since I realized I made a mistake and would have to rip a way's back.

I'm packing my swim suit, yoga gear and a couple of bottles of wine... Wishing Tree Shiraz... my favorite. I love K. Country so I will also be packing some sturdy walking shoes in case there's a chance for some light hiking.

Oh, I'm all a twitter!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger granolagirl said...

glad to hear you're bringing your yoga gear and I'll be bringing my walking shoes as well! See you there!

10:46 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Have a blast!!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home