Saturday, October 11, 2008

Interim Knitting

You know how sometimes you just need to read something light? Nothing too challenging, nothing depressing, just something to give you a little break. Well, it's the same with knitting, I need to break things up a bit with some easy projects. I've knocked a couple off the needles lately.

A scarf for my boss, he's a good guy and he gives me stuff (like a TV and a Microwave).

And a hat for one of the girls I work with. She's an art student and a skate rat and she reminds me of myself when I was 21.

They were both well received.

I also have a pair of slippers to finish. An "easy" yet not so easy project. They are for a good friend. Better than a "good" friend, a best friend, my partner in crime, one of the few people who gets my morbid/quirky sense of humour, the first person I told (after my X of course) when I was expecting, a friend who would help me "hide the body" no questions asked. She's fighting a battle with cancer and it is going to be a hard, hard fight. I feel so helpless. What I can... and will do... is knit for her. She isn't in Calgary but if I can keep sending her little things to show that I am sending her... not just knitted objects... but all my hopes and prayers. It's something isn't it?

And on this Canadian Thanksgiving... I am thankful to have as many people to care about as I have... having people to love is a gift. My friends... my family... they are the best gift I could ever ask for and I am thankful for them every day.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger YawnOver said...

Such lovely gifts. It really is a comfort to be able to give a little bit of ourselves to the people we care for, isn't it?

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and will keep both of you in my thoughts.

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep a good thought for your friend. I can't imagine my best friends being so seriously ill. Being grateful for your blessings opens the door to let even more in!

10:15 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that sk8er chick hat!!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home