Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Long Weekend...

Not that I had one, I worked Friday and Saturday but the boy was off school both Friday and Monday and we had no rugby Sunday morning or Monday night so it felt like a long weekend.

We got lots done (actually we got nothing done but did a great deal of goofing off). We went Canoing on Sunday and had breakfast out Monday morning, new decadent breakfast...cinnamon bun french toast, Yummmmmmy. Our deal on Monday was we could go to the comic book store and however long the boy spent there, that's how long I got to spend at the yarn store afterwards! We threw in an afternoon movie for good measure. We saw "Prince Caspian" and both enjoyed it.

A fun filled weekend.

of course he had to get something at the comic book store and you know what that means...

I had to get something at the yarn store!

The boy enjoys the yarn store, he usually goes and gets a slurpy while I shop and visit. I can't get him remotely interested in knitting but the carding machine interested him and he seems interested in spinning too. Who knows... next spin-in, I might take him down so he can try it out (although hang it! spin-in is always on Saturday and I work!) Darn work anyway.

I saw a lovely entrelac scarf in progress using Noro sock yarn on smaller needles. I love Noro's colours but the feel of it has always put me off. I've never tried entrelac but my enabler assured me it was easy. One skein is enough to find out for myself if I will like working with Noro.

I also stopped in last week to pick out some more Avery Allison. It was just too soft and pretty to pass up!

Nearing completion on my silver wrap sweater. I can't wait to wear this, it feels so soft and snuggly on. The body fits perfectly, now all it needs is some i-cord ties and a couple of short sleeves!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Sounds like the perfect fun weekend. I agree, Noro always feels so rough in the skein. I have some in my stash, but haven't tried knitting it yet. Let us know what you think when you cast on. The wrap sweater is so pretty too.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.

I can't stand the feel of Kureyon, or Silk Garden, for that matter (quite the misnomer, that--feels like a Brillo pad), but I've had great success with Kochoran, which is a heavy worsted angora blend that softens up to an absolutely delightful furry texture as you work. I have some Silver Thaw in the stash that is almost the same fiber content, but in a worsted weight, so I'm hoping it will also soften with use.

3:54 PM  
Blogger knittinggrammy said...

Proud to be your enabler LOL!! Give a shout if you need a hand.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home