Thursday, August 23, 2007

My New Car…

I ended up getting a 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan in "Nautical Blue". I love that deep metallic blue. I bought it from Adam, the cutest 20-something car salesman in the world, and a decent guy too. I wouldn't hesitate to refer someone to him. He stopped by work yesterday to drop off the remote entry key (the detail guy took it by mistake the night I picked up the car). My young co-workers were drooling. I have a feeling there are going to be a couple of 20-something girls up at the dealership kicking tires. When I was looking at the car and test driving, my son thought he was flirting with me but I told him, "No dear, Adam's just trying to sell me a car and he's doing a really good job." Just in case anyone thinks I've gone off my nut… I did research the car guides etc. before making a final choice, a slave to my hormones…possibly… but I'm not completely insane. The insurance gave me a hefty down payment but with 5 years of car payments to look forward to… it's going to be a damn good car.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Fantastic! And I'm sure the boy was seeing something his mama didn't see;)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

you are too kind. Em, the girl I work with cracked me up. She said, "Oh My God! Distracting much? No wonder you bought a new car!" I don't think he was even out the front door so… she's a lot closer in age, not to mention drop dead gorgeous herself but it was still pretty funny.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Too bad the cute car didn't come with the cute boy for keeps!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Cute ride !I'm always wondering what good looking guys are selling if their extra nice to me. Sometimes I live in denial and tell myself " ooh,girl! You still got it!"

7:34 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Hah. Aren't they all really just trying to sell you a car? Generally a lemon...

Congratulations on the new wheels! Nice looking car. Our cars are both older than our kids. Maybe someday...

9:19 AM  
Blogger granolagirl said...

Nice wheels! I just bought a Toyota and I love it. You may just get more 20 year olds flirting with you with that hot new car!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

There is a part of me that wants to believe I am a totally, rockin' hot, Yummy Mummy… but then good ol' reality kicks in… damn that reality!

1:59 AM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you're getting a new car. I love the name of the color.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home