Thursday, August 30, 2007

Project Monogamy…

… it sounds every bit as boring as it is. I want to finish what I'm working on! In the interest of doing that, I am not doing anything else. I am still working on the modified Mini Wrap Sweater in Classic Elite leaf Bam Boo. It's a great project but I am not good at only working on one thing at a time. I have many other things I am thinking about: Clapotis (I am going to do it in the gorgeous HandMaiden Two Four Silk I bought in Gibsons instead of the LL Bittersweet I had planned), An Irish Hiking Scarf (I have some Malibrigo in Sealing Wax that would be perfect), even a pair of toe-up socks (lord knows I have enough sock yarn to choose from). But no, I want to wear my mini wrap sweater and therefore I MUST finish it!! My only solace is logging on to Ravelry each day to change the % finished on it. So far, it's fitting well. I am making it slightly longer to compensate for my height.

I am still loving the new car but the car payments are going to cut into my yarn buying. Good thing I have lots of goodies in my stash to keep me busy.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I agree that changing that % bar on Ravelry is ultra-motivating! I love your wrap, it'll be lovely.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

The wrap is so pretty!

How do you like the Bam Boo? I found some at a new LYS, and it looks just lovely!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Monogamy's not so bad. You just have to wait until you're near the end of the project, so that you don't set yourself up for failure! It looks like you're almost there. You'll do fine. Just keep repeating to yourself, "There is no project but this one...I have no other yarn...no patterns...there is no project but this one..."

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved making my clapotis, and wearing it is great too. Last winter I bought yarn for an Irish Hiking Scarf too, but I'm busy with sleeves, baby blanket, etc. You know how it goes...

9:29 PM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

I had a slip and it's all AMY's fault. I was in her store today and she was shocked I didn't have any socks on the go. I told her I was being faithful to her mini-wrap. Then I came home and cast on a new pair of socks but she MADE me do it!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home