Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Ol' Bam Boo

Well, for me it's the new Bam Boo.

I was finally able to get my things and license plate from my car this past Monday. A sorry sight it was. Most of my stuff was still there and a whole ton of stuff that really creeped me out. Cloths, CD's etc. none of it mine. Depressing stuff. To cheer myself up after that little excursion, I'd planned to meet up with Gina at the LYS. It was just what I needed air conditioning someone to talk to and some good yarn therapy.

I came away with this. Six balls of Classic Elite Bam Boo in leaf.

And I'm making this. A little Summer wrap sweater with i-cord ties, Amy's take on the "Boob Holder" from Glampyre. I am having so much fun knitting this. Bam Boo is more difficult to work with than I expected, very splitty, but I love it and the pattern is as cute as can be. I was going to save it for vacation knitting but now I might be able to wear it on vacation instead.

And, I had a pleasant surprise from the insurance adjuster. Oh don't worry… the car is still a total right off… $6000 damage to a car I've had for several years and only paid $8000 for in the first place but they offered me more money than I was expecting for it due to the low kilometers. I should get the cheque towards the end of next week. So now I get to go car shopping. I am bowing to the fact that my best bet is to use the money from insurance as a down payment and accept the reality of car payments. It will allow me to get a slightly newer, safer car.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

oooh. That Bam Boo is gorgeous and will look great with that pattern. I'm so glad there's some good news from the insurance company. I look forward to watching it happen.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi-
I'm sorry to read about your car accident but good that you are safe!
The Bamboo is delicious, it will certainly put you in good spirits.

5:22 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

The insurance company paying and $$$ at all must be seen as a total victory, as it seems like in my experience there is always some technicality preventing them from honoring the policy.

The bamboo is so shimmery and shiny, love it! Can't wait to see more of the pattern...

5:42 AM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

I hope everything works out with the car. Perhaps you'll get a really great car with low payments.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Bellflower said...

My friend purchased the same stuff for me in 'Bluebird'. I am to construct a sweater for her... but I thought the splitty bits were me! Thanks for clearing that up.:-)
So glad that the insurance company isn't being a bunch of tits!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that the insurance company has treated you so well. I think you might have been the only person who expected that to happen! After our van was stolen, DH and I used the settlement as a down payment as well. It's not often that you have a chunk of change that you can just put down on a larger purchase. The Bamboo is lovely - it almost glows - and it will make the perfect little wrap for you!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Glad the car stuff is working out!

The Bam Boo is lovely. I especially like the color, and I can't wait to see the FO!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

I always think there is no huge loss with out some small gain. And I always wondered how that Bam Boo was...

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home