Monday, August 06, 2007

You lift me up…

Ok, well may be not you you… although you guys do know how to lift my spirits… I'm talking about my favorite LYS. Yesterday, I wandered in there and the ever lovely Sandra (who had no way of knowing I'd been having a really bad, no good, crying in the rental car kind of day) totally lifted my spirits. Just by being her.

Well, she was just being her (which is uplifting all by itself) but then she told me the new sock club yarn was Jitterbug (oh be still my beating heart). I chose the colour way Copperbeech.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, she told me I had a credit for 2 skeins of Cadenza. I picked Mist. I had no clue I even had the credit. Imagine, 3 skeins of Collinette just fell into my hands, like mana from heaven. Totally made my day.

Plus, after a false start, I am finally moving along on the wrap sweater. Bam Boo takes some getting use to (I frogged it once because of the split stitches) but it's looking good now. I'm loving the pattern enough that I have no desire what so ever to start anything else until it's done!

Also, if all that didn't lift me up… my ridiculously adorable (albeit somewhat squinty eyed) dog ALWAYS makes me smile.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, I have one LYS that always lifts me up and another that drags me WAAAY DOWWWWN--guess which one I have been avoiding like the plague?
I just love Jitterbug, such a soft dream to work with.

8:30 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

"I have no desire what so ever to start anything else until it's done!"

Now that cracks me up- if I were to write that sentence, I would immediately rebel against myself and start 3 new things!

Glad the LYS was a warm place.

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like some new yarn to raise the spirits. I have never used Jitterbug but my LYS sells it and I'm itching to give it a go.
My mom had trouble getting started with bamboo too, the stitches split.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Your pup looks like he's saying" Ahoy there matey! I yam what I yam.I'm popeye the sailing man!"

5:54 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Hey, all my friends are here! How have I missed you so long?

Your dog is a doll--my best friend has one just like it who must be 15 by now.

9:35 PM  
Blogger canknitian said...

Sorry to hear you had such a crap day. Are you doing better now? Hope so.

Big hug,
j

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!! guess who? I'm peeking in to say hi. I was so shocked reading about your car! I know how you feel. The Cadenza is a gorgeous yarn. I can just feel it! lol. Ginger is so adorable. My Milo refuses to take a picture. My mom bought him a new bed and he tore it to pieces, and now wants another bed. he's so spoiled.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Oh, yes, there's nothing like some unexpected yarn for a good cheer up. Hope you're feeling better.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home