Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Home again, home again jiggity jig…

And as a matter of fact, I did love Blade Runner.

So I went away and now I'm back. Sort of a last minute trip in that I planned it back in April but then the Car got stolen in July and I couldn't go unless I had a car and the insurance didn't come through until the Friday before I left (but it did come through) and I picked the new car up on the Saturday before I left so I wasn't actually sure I was still going until basically 1 day before my holiday started. I went to see my family on the coast. In my brand new car. We drove. Ginger came too. We rode the ferry. We went to the beach a lot. We had camp fires. The boy caught a fish.

He built a beach house with a new friend.

Look! Ginger on the beach note the knitting in the background.

Knitting happened. I made fair progress on my mini sweater.

I went to the Gibson's Landing Fiber Festival (honestly, it wasn't planned it just worked out that way). I loved the exhibitions and looking at some of the woven goods. I got some yarny goodness a one-of-a-kind skein of HandMaiden Two Four Silk, from the Knitopia Wools booth (enough for a small clapotis) and 2 skeins of hand dyed sock yarn in Autumn Harvest from Indigo Moon. There was lots there to see and I hope I get to go again.

I'm glad I went and happy we are home.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your beach moments . I love the ocean but it's probably been 2 or 3 years since we made it to the west coast. Congratulations on your new car. What did you finally get?

10:20 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

I relaxed a little reading your post even. Lovely.

3:58 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

So glad you were able to have a jaunt and see your family!

7:16 AM  
Blogger karen said...

I met Trish (the Indigo Moon Lady) when I was out there in July. Isn't her stuff spectacular? Mmm..

Good to hear everything is turning around for you Marnie. :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

She was super nice and I could have spent a lot more at her booth if I wasn't so broke. I'm glad things are turning around too… I was starting to think someone had put a curse on me!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip ... and that car - wow!! Congrats!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home