Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's…Alive!

So I am feeling in better spirits, down in the dumps gets right dull after a while. I felt like I needed a break from socks but wanted to be true to my attempt to finish more projects.

In that spirit, I have ressurected the tube wrap from Alterknits. There is nothing wrong with this project and I do want to make it, it'll be gorgeous when it's done. One teeny tiny problem… it's mohair…mohair is not my friend… I thought we could be friends but I was mistaken… is mohair is anyone's friend? May be mohair is just a two faced b**tch who pretends to be a friend so she can stab you in the back but I digress. The wrap is suppose to be made using 3 balls of Kid Silk Haze, In an attempt to keep the cost down slightly I decided on a compromise, 1 ball of Crystal Palace Kid Merino on either end of the wrap and a skein of Art Yarns Silk Mohair in the middle, all in a soft springy green pallet.

The plan was to pull a swath of vivid blue green silk through it when it's done and pin it with my favourite art noveau sterling silver pin. That was the plan. Well, I knit… and knit… and knit away at it and it just wasn't getting any bigger so it got sent to knitting coventry.

Now it's back like a bad smell… mohair still isn't my friend and if it's getting bigger, it's at a barely imperceptible rate but it lives again.

My socks are very nearly done and I was about to cast off on them (mostly because they were boring me) . Looking at them they should be at least an inch longer so I'll work on the wrap for a while then go back and finish off the socks.

A gratuitous picture of Billy because she hardly ever gets her picture taken.

Also… LOOK WHAT GINGER DID TO MY CELL PHONE!!!! And she actually went into my purse and dug it out to do it…Bad weiner dog.

10 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I never noticed that your dog was named Ginger--that was our family dog's name!

I hate mohair because I always feel like it's in my mouth when I'm knitting--blech!

2:10 AM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Glad you're back and feeling a little better- or trying to. Billy is quite the poser. Does Ginger snap tea as well? I think worse than being a two faced b***h, mohair is a seductive two-faced b***h, I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I love to fondle it but once I've committed any money, I so regret it.jjqyf

8:27 AM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Glad you're back and feeling a little better- or trying to. Billy is quite the poser. Does Ginger snap tea as well? I think worse than being a two faced b***h, mohair is a seductive two-faced b***h, I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I love to fondle it but once I've committed any money, I so regret it.jjqyf

8:27 AM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Yes… seductive is the word that was missing. You hit it bang on. Mohair is alluring until you've shelled out your cash but then…

8:44 AM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Maybe Ginger saw how the mohair was treating you, and she wanted to call for help! The wrap looks like it's going to be gorgeous!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Bellflower said...

I feel the same way about evil boucle (minus the seductive part) I had a boucle shaw that NEVER got any bigger, no matter how much I knit it. Then one day I got pissy (big surprise) and cast off the whole thing. I wound up with 6 inches of yarn to spare. See? Evil!

12:26 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Ginger calling for help! HA!

Yes also about the boucle- no seduction there- just an ugly bully

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the kitty pic. Mohair = difficult. Raising kids with challenges is always hard hard hard. We are never without the heartbreak. After 19 years I'm finally making peace with it and accepting it. Good that you have someone of your own to talk it all out with.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

I've only done 1 mo*** project and yeah, that'll hold me over forever. But the color is veddy nice.

10:16 AM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Hey gingersnaps-

It is Vancouver BC. thanks for the Stanley Park/Aquarium info.

Aquariums are great for the age range we have. Even the leetle ones who can't do the museum thing love to look at the feesh!

Though the Science Museum with the "Grossology" exhibit looked pretty intriguing-

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home