Wednesday, May 16, 2007

7 Random Things…

7 Random things about me. This is really hard. I was double tagged by both Knit Two Together and The ADD Knitter so here goes. "Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog."

1 I am the youngest of 5 girls. Because my Dad could never keep us straight, he referred to us by # if we are all together, he will still call me #5.

2 My Mom passed away when I was in my late 20's. While she was in the hospital, myself and 2 of my sisters were in other hospitals at the same time. I broke my ankle in 4 places, my sister also broke her ankle very badly either the same day or the day after me and my other sister had kidney stones. As an aside, I am deadly allergic to general anaesthetic so any trip to the hospital is kind of scary.

3 I have had the same best friend since I was 7-years-old. I was maid of honour at her wedding and dated her X husband's brother off and on for a few years. Walking up the aisle with him as best man and me as maid of honour was what finally made me see he would never be the one for me. She is coming to visit me this Summer and I can't wait!

4 I spend a lot of money on underwear. More than I spend on yarn. I have an obsession with pretty, lacy, expensive bras and undies. If I get hit by a bus, the EMS guys will have more than just your basic clean underwear to look at ;-D.

5 My father was a world class sailor, he came in 2nd at the Canada games and at the Canadian Olympic Trials. He also use to be an extremely good jazz piano player.

6 My X husband and I attended the same Art College but we actually met in a martial arts class. I would be so entranced watching the instructor throw him back and forth across the room that I could never remember what we were suppose to do when the demonstration was over.

7 I am still friends with the very first guy I ever fell in love with. When we met, he was living in Ottawa and I was living in Vancouver (those long distance things never quite work out) now he lives in Vancouver and I live in Calgary but we talk/e-mail often. Thinking about him always makes me smile.

I am not sure who to tag (and I was about to tag some people who have already tagged me) but how about if you would like to play along, just leave a comment. These are 7 knitters and bloggers I'd love to find out more about though: On Gauge, Indigirl, String Theory, The Natural Bardo, Australoknitticus, The Ex-Nomad, CanKNITian

Hope you will play along!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I love these little peeks into other's lives.

I used to be undies obsessed until I figured out that for me, cotton is more comfortable.

10:43 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love your facts, and how cool to have so many sisters!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Marnie- You wanton underwear wench- I'm still in the cotton granny pants- my daughter is always snapping the waistband!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Bellflower said...

Hiya Ging-ah! I wanted to know how long it took you to get your goodies from the Sweet Sheep... Did you like my crazy carpet story?

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home