Sunday, July 22, 2007

Go with the 'Fro…

So I picked the boy up from camp after work on Friday. A week of fun in the sun canoeing, swimming, doing archery…I swear he grew while he was gone. His hair grew too. The camp counsellors nicknamed him "Curly 'Fro Man" which I find amusing and a significant improvement over "Gasmask" which was his nickname 2 Summers ago (don't ask). He doesn't seem to mind, he told me, "The girls at camp seemed to really like my hair". It's hard not to smile at it, dark brown and ridiculously curly (I swear he never had hair this curly before) and he has green eyes and tiny freckles and after a week at camp, a killer tan. I missed him.

I had planned a relaxing week of knitting, dropping by the LYS, Raveling and of course working. Well, my two days off were consumed by dealing with the car. Still no news from the insurance company. I was waiting on the loaner for the start of the week so no trip to the LYS. I've done a bit of raveling… a bit of knitting too but the week was over before I knew it.

I finished my jay socks. I cast them off as ankle socks because they were so mismatched. I'll know better for next time.


I wanted to start a clapotis, seduced by the sheer number of them out there. I'm having trouble getting the pattern going but I think it's because I am a combination knitter that my stitches are wonky and I'm just not quite getting it. I am planning to take a series of knit what you want classes in the fall. May be I'll save clapotis for then.

The never ending wrap… well it's still never ending. I am trying to think of it as a value added project. The longer it takes to knit, the greater the entertainment value and lower the cost. Three balls of laceweight silk/mohair and a set of circulars x 4 years or more of knitting entertainment I guess it is good value for the money spent. Shut up out there, it's a positive spin OK! I show people and all they say is, "Well the yarn is really lovely." I know they are thinking, "Is she insane! At the rate she's going she'll be in her grave before she gets through the first ball".

And… did you know… my dog thinks she's a prOn star.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Glad the Boy is back from camp and had a good time! The girls are getting back on Weds. and I cant wait.

I've never been able to get a Clapotis off the ground despite several attempts--I've just never 'gotten' the pattern!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Oh my god! I love that your dog is a p0rn star. I have a girl dog that thinks she's a boy. Socks and son look great!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see you yesterday Marnie. Thanks for waiting on me!

12:28 PM  
Blogger granolagirl said...

Is that the wrap from alterknits? If so I am making the same one in royal purple. We should encourage each other so that we can get it done sooner, a healthy competition or something. Hope to see you soon, we're coming to your place of work tomorrow, so maybe I'll see you there!

4:57 PM  
Blogger canknitian said...

Great photo of your pup! She definitely has a career in adult canine entertainment, I think. LOL

About the Clapotis...the hardest thing for me was knitting the first 80 rows or so. I'm sure you're doing great. Just use lots of stitch markers and cross your fingers. :)

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved making my clapotis (out of Noro). It's great to wear too - in fact I just wore it last weekend to a concert at Stanford, and I was ever so elegant!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home