Sunday, July 15, 2007

I can't believe how upset…

My car was stolen last night. My car was frickin' stolen out of my frickin' driveway. I am a single mom, I do not drive a nice car. I drive a crappy old '96 Plymouth Neon (but it's MY piece of crap and it gets me from point A to point B) and someone stole it! I have to take the boy to camp… today. I called the neighbors across the street (their window faces my driveway) and they didn't see anything, they did offer to drive the boy to camp. I am so upset… I can't even… I have no family here, I have to get to work, I have to pick the boy up from camp on Friday and get groceries and go to work and all the other stuff people do and my frickin' car is stolen. I called the police. Tomorrow I'll call insurance. AAAAHHHGH!!! Update July 16: I got a call at about 3:15 AM that the police had recovered my stolen vehicle and it was being towed to the impound lot. It had "sustained damage" and they had arrested 2 young men. They were using my car to prowl other cars, they took off when they saw the cops. The cops gave chase and eventually they got them. Not before the thieves hit the curb a couple of times and crashed my car into a tree. The constable who called me said the front axle is toast and my car is almost certainly a right off. The insurance company is paying for a loaner, I can pick it up tomorrow morning, while they look at the car and decide what it's worth. At least they caught the miscreants.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger allie said...

That sucks! I hope the police find your car, or at least insurance gives you a check for a new car. Good luck, you'll be in my thoughts this week.

11:30 AM  
Blogger dana said...

Oh, that's horrible! People are so strange sometimes... who steals random cars?!
Good luck getting everything sorted out. I know how tough it can be to be without a car in the sprawl that is Calgary... :(

11:33 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh my gosh Marnie, that is so shocking!! WTF?? So sorry, you totally didn't need this at all...

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MARNIE!!!!!
I know exactly how you feel. My van was stolen from in front of my house one night. The police did eventually recover it... in Beiseker of all the stupid damn places. There is nothing at all like the sense of violation that comes with having something stolen.

3:52 PM  
Blogger canknitian said...

Are you fah-ucking kidding me? What a punk! I hope they find the little so and so so he can be charged up the ying yang. SO sorry.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

Oh no! I'm sending you all my good vibes. I hope your insurance company is able to get you a loaner car while this gets sorted out. Geez! That's terrible.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

So sorry! That totally sucks!

But surely the insurance will pay for a loner?

9:48 AM  
Blogger aunty tink said...

That's really crappy. It was probably taken for a ride 'cause some jerk thought it would be a fun thing to do. Hopefully everything gets straighted out quickly and you have a good experience with the insurance co.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that stinks. I hope the police find it soon and it's okay!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh how terrible. I'm so so sorry . . . I wish I lived close enough to do something to help you out. It's a terrible feeling to have your possessions stolen - I know first hand.

1:21 PM  
Blogger 5elementknitr said...

How devastating!! We had our crappy Jeep Cherokee stolen out of our GARAGE a few years ago. It's so crappy! I HATE thieves... they should get an F'in job like the rest of us, then they wouldn't have to steal.

I'm so sorry!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three cheers for the men (and women) in blue! Now, let's hope the judge can give them a spanking. Little pukes!

10:23 AM  
Blogger dana said...

Off with their heads!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Screw the car thieves and the police- My vibes are all going towards your wheeling and dealing with the insurance company. Keep us posted on that- Knitters Unite Against Crappy Insurers (KUACI) I want to know who they are and if they come through for you. It sucks when you have to wirte off a car that may only be worth $1000 on a good day but is priceless to the daily operation of your life. I'm so mad with you!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty awful. If I lived nearby I'd help you out. Good thing you're getting a loaner. And I do hope they really throw the book at those guys!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home