Sunday, May 06, 2007

Where did the time go?

Had a bit of a downward turn there… weeks went by and and I couldn't find anything funny, or up beat or in any way inspirational to say. Every time I started to write, it went south and it was never my intention to be down and depressing for anyone who cares to read.

And now the weather is better and the rugby fields are lovely and green and things are looking up again, so I'm back.

Ah Rugby…I love the game… but the parents may drive me to drink!

Some of the Dads are such amazing jerks! We have enough registered players for 2 teams. If they had their way, the 2 teams would be: Their son's (who of course are all perfect) on one team and the rest of the loosers on the other. Some clubs do it that way, a highly competitive team and a B team, not ours. These are the same bunch of yahoos who joined their kids up last year and were telling them, "Rugby is just off season practice for Football."

I really don't like the "Football Dad's", gee can you tell ;-D? One of their snotty little blond Stepford wives was talking about the gravel on the field and that someone should pick it up. Then she looked over at me (who was not part of the conversation and minding my knitting) and said, "That could be your job." Seriously. I looked her straight in the eye and said, "Yeah, I'll be getting right on that." and went back to knitting. I have no problem picking up the odd rock, it was her tone.


Hooker, Lock and Prop all rugbyese for ox-like, capable of mowing down anything in it's path. All are in this thing called a "ruck" and also something else that involves a great deal of pushing called a "maul". The boy is in green, black and white.

The boy played two games back to back this afternoon (he's on the team that has all the football kids but I haven't started spiking my coffee yet). He plays, prop, hooker or lock. They won both games and knitting was accomplished. The other club team also won its games.


See? "Still life with rugby balls and sock."

Have received more fibery goodness in the shape of Vespers sock yarn by Knitterly Things in "Sorbet" from the Sweet Sheep sock club. Best of all… I booked a lil' somthin' special for my self. This fall I am going on a knitting retreat. The Make One Emerald Lake Lodge knitting retreat. I am pumped! I have from now 'til the bus leaves in November to get it paid for, totally doable. Emerald Lake Lodge is so awesome and gorgeous. Looking forward to it.

Other than that… you know… the hanger just won't go away. I can't figure that man out. When he isn't driving me insane, he's one of my best friends. We aren't going out but we aren't not going out either. In other words… he's still doing what he does best… hanging.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to freeze the bitch! No one should ever accept that kind of slap in the face. Good for you!
And the Hanger - well, sometimes it nice to have someone just to hang out with.

9:08 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

So glad to be reading a Marnie update! Glad to know that sports-parents the world over are such asses--there are a few like that on my daughter's soccer team and I am so totally over them, to the point that I wore an ipod on Saturday to drown them out! I'm sure they think I'm a bad teenager...

4:21 AM  
Blogger Knittingbeauty said...

I can't believe that lady! Sometimes I wonder about people...it always shocks me how rude they can be. Nice job with the comeback, I probably would have just gaped open mouthed and laughed nervously wondering if she was for real.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Bellflower said...

I've often thought that the only thing wrong with kids sports is some parents.
I worked at an arena concession during kids hockey games and I have to say that some of those parents are appalling in the extreme. There was a girl on one team, she scored a goal (Yay! Girl Power!) and the mother of the goalie ranged around the boards like a demented wolverine hurling verbal abuse at her. She called her the C word! A ten year old! I had the rink attendant throw her out. It was replulsive. Looking forward to the retreat hopefully still Roomie!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Course we're still roomies.

The football Dad's managed to get all their boys on the same team by saying they had to in order to car pool. However, after the first game I can say; the kids are great. From now on, I'll bring tunes to drown out the yahoos.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Bellflower said...

A big stick might come in handy too...

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home