Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Oh Simba...


He already thinks he owns the joint! I don't know how anyone could have abandoned this cat once yet alone twice. He was abandoned and rescued from a shelter once, then abandoned a second time in a basement suite. Now he is my foster cat and I already love him! He is very personable, friendly, chatty, curious still a little iffy about Ginger but he's definitely coming around. He is every inch the gentleman, patiently letting the boy and I brush him. Yep, he's a keeper. Now I just need to load up on lint rollers.

So I got through my stash on the weekend. Everything is priced and sorted. There are one or two items that may still go into the blue bags but for the most part I'm ready. People are PMing me on Ravelry if anything catches their eye. There is a fair bit for sale that never got put into my stash on Ravelry so I may add that in too as I have time. I'm trying so hard to de-clutter. All the stuff is getting to me.

I did start something new... when I bought my qiviut/merino/silk in Banff at the amazing 30% off it was with a specific project in mind. The Prairie Rose Lace Shawl from the Knitter's Book of Wool. I'm still working on finishing other projects but I really want to attempt to make this. I will not speak of how it's going as I do not wish to anger the knitting Gods. but I am temporarily stuck. What the heck is a Sk2p?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

I am not familiar with Sk2p but looked in one of my knitting books and they had SKP as slip one, knit one, pass slip st over......slip first stitch from left hand needle knit-wise, knit the next stitch on left handed needle, then pass the slip stitch over the stitch just knit ( a left-slanting decrease)...looking at it again...do you think they want you to slip one, knit two, then pass the slip stitch over the two knit stitches??? Why do they do this to a person!! Hate it when a pattern does not have the explanation for their abv. Hope this helps!! you will have to try it to see if that is what they want.

2:12 PM  
Blogger aunty tink said...

I looked at he pattern and I think it will be beautiful in you quiviet. I think that the mystery stitch is a centered double decrease. Slip two together as if to knit. knit the next stitch and then pass the two slipped stitches together over the knit stitch.
The symbol in the chart is different than the usual symbol used.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hello, saw your blog post while looking at ravelry - the stitch, if you're still searching is: slip one knit-wise, knit the next two together, put slipped stitch over the k2tog - if that makes sense!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home