Sunday, April 04, 2010

The gods want you to go to Banff...


and they want you to buy Qiviuk while you're there.

I decided, in the absence of family or anyone to cook for, that a road trip was called for. I packed my swimsuit, a book and some knitting and headed for Banff.

People from all over the world go to Banff to look at the scenery and breath in the mountain air, it truly is spectacular.



or they go to have tea at the Banff Springs Hotel... a fairy tale castle if ever there was one.


or they go to have a swim in the upper hot springs, which are incredibly hot and work wonders on sore muscles.

I did all those things. But Banff has something special, something you don't find every day, something for knitters... At the Banff Springs Hotel and on Banff Avenue you will find Jacques Cartier, home of Qiviuk.

Evidently the knitting Gods were watching over me today because there was a one day sale... 30% off Everything in the store... today only. So I indulged, just a little, I bought enough Qiviut, Merino Silk Blend to make a shawl. Ever since I bought "The Knitter's Book of Wool" I've been wanting to make the Prairie Rose Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark.

With this, I can make it in the luxury yarn it calls for.

HAPPY EASTER!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I was in Banff at Christmas - one day off for myself and I chose fresh mountain air. Walking into that store was breathtaking. I think I touched every single thing in that store! It wasn't quiviuk that came home with me though... it was a single ball of vicuna.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Banff for I don't know how long. I'm thinking it was 2003. Which is strange, since living here in Calgary it is so close. I'm thinking that a road trip is in order.....in the very near future. Where is this magical store you speak of???? (Evilknittingtwin)

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home