Friday, January 01, 2010

In with the new...

I passed quietly into 2010, a mellow evening at home with my son. Looking back, I haven't completed much in 2009 knitting wise, a lot of other things got in the way. I would like to declare 2010 the year of finishing. Oh yes... finishing what I started...

The only project I started and finished in 2009 was Lady Eleanor

I think I can do better.

First up will be Mara (of course)

Then Wisp...

The Travelling Sweater...

Dianna...

Wrenna...Meret...Greenjeans... it's a long list.

You get the picture. At least four of the above projects must be completed before I allow myself a new project. My plan is to go through my stash putting yarn and pattern for project it was purchased for into plastic bags, as I finish what I've started I will pull new projects from the stash. Shouldn't be too hard, I buy for specific projects. I joined 2 sock kits which should stave off the inevitable need to go project shopping... which inevitably leads to project starting and later... inevitably project abandoning...

Yep Woolgirl got my attention this year, I signed up for Oz when it was open and for my birthday... Alice. They are also going into the new stash organization system so when the muse strikes they will be ready and waiting.

I also plan to de-stash. This will take work but as part of my total de-cluttering program, I know it will make me feel better. I plan to do some de-stashing as contest give aways, some as gifts and RAKs and some as straight up sales so keep a weather eye open...

And as for the rest of my plans... total de-cluttering program... personally, emotionally... physically... time to pack up the excess baggage (or buttage as the case may be) and get rid of it!!

Happy New Year to you all and may 2010 be an awesome year for everyone!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Mara is a wonder, can't wait to see that one! Happy New Year to you, Marnie:)

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home