Friday, April 02, 2010

Beyond all reason...

OK so I said I wasn't buying more yarn. I DO NOT need more, I can't possibly knit fast enough to justify it. But I am in some clubs and occasionally I see something I just HAVE to have.

I had to have some Sweet Georgia Silk Merino Aran in the spicy cayenne colourway, had to. I'm thinking 198 Yds of Heaven...

I had to have some sport weight yarn. I knit loose and to knit with fingering weight for socks, I end up on some mighty small needles. I saw the new colourways of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport and picked just 2...
Verve...
and Calumet... total opposites but I love them! Plus... I had a coupon...

On the club front, my most recent additions were the Dashing Dachs sport in Alice from first Alice in Wonderland Kit and
Zen Yarn Garden Bling Yarn in Ruby Slippers from the Wizard of Oz club.

I am sailing along on my Rooibos Vest, did I mention I love the pattern? And so close to being done Mara... if I do it again it's on bigger needles with bigger yarn!!

I am planning a destash too. Next month is the Guild's annual Garage Sale. If I can put together a bag of stash that just isn't working for me... there's lots of acrylic blends adn things that are good for charity knitting in there and a few very nice WWIT yarns that just need a better, more loving home than I can provide.

I've been reading "The Happiness Project" and it talks about clearing clutter. Clean surfaces definitely make me happier. I've been working away on my house while the boy is away, which begs the question, "does paper breed in the dark?" I ask this because I swear even though I'm pretty diligent about recycling and I have a no junk mail/flier sticker on my mail box, the paper just piles up! I've put together three bags of cloths for the community center's clothing exchange (I just give them cloths I don't take any away).

The one bit of clutter I am going to be adding is a Cat. I have decided to adopt an older cat. He's 15, his name is Simba and as soon as he's mine there will be pictures...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the "Guild" garage sale open to non members? If so where and when?Loving the new LL;s and good for you on adopting the kitty. Even old boys need new, loving homes.....:) (Evilknittingtwin)

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home