Friday, September 18, 2009

It's been a long time...

Too long. I am lucky to have friends and family I love. Some I've met here on this blog that I've been neglecting for so long.

I lost a friend. We use to joke that if I ever needed to hide a body, she would be the one I called. In fact in her last e-mail to me, she asked me if I'd "killed anybody lately". Well, guess I'm on my own in that department now.

I admire people who plan outings and parties and get-togethers and who are always on the phone with their friends and family & often wish I were more like them. I'm not. Not one to pick up the phone, never have been. I don't plan events or get the girls together. I can't cope with having people over, so I don't entertain. My friends & family mean so much to me... & I think that... but may be I don't tell them as often as I should & more than one person I truly cared about has drifted away. It's the path to ending up alone.

May be it's time to do things a little differently.

Call an old friend...

So many embrace the promise
of joy tomorrow or next week,
too few celebrate the joy of now.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. We're just here for a short time, some of us leave sooner than others. Try to enjoy and savor every minute.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home