Saturday, April 12, 2008

Walkin' with my baby...

He got GREAT BIG FEET!!!

My boy has humongous feet. It's taken me for ever working on these socks but I am, through sheer determination, getting them done.

As an antidote to the boy socks, I am making myself some cabled footies. I am using the pattern from One Skein as my inspiration but I am making them toe up, cause that's how I like to make socks. In Dream In Colour Classy, Pansy-Go-Lightly. They should be a fast knit and they will keep my toes warm 'cause my house is COLD man! If the first ones turn out I'm making more 'casue 5mm needles for socks. Sounds perfect to me! And who doesn't like to keep their feet warm?

Also still committed to my SKB, on the silk insert of the first sleeve.

And one sleeve and the button band to go on Green Jeans. I put this one down for awhile then picked it up and went... what was I thinking, I freaking LOVE this pattern!

I am also committed (or perhaps should be committed) to doing YOL this year.

And a Swallowtail Shawl Knit Along in the Make One Yarnies group on Ravelry. Who else has swallowtail on the to do list? MMMMMMalibrigo lace, should start it any day!

Speaking of YOL & recent retail experiences (as a retail worker myself) in general... is it just me or are insanely cranky and irrational people on the rise? What is enough when it comes to excellent customer service? Blood? For the record, I feel Make One provides, bar none, the best customer service experience I've ever had. Bar None.

I was going to take a Monkey Sock class at the M1 but Boy's Rugby practices start the same night as the sock class. RATS!! Sorry Trish... hopefully later. In the mean time... Up the Mighty Saracens!!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

I don't think it's just you- it seems to be the season of discontent- maybe spring and a new president will help.

2:02 PM  
Blogger YawnOver said...

Can't wait to see those sweaters as FOs, and that skein of Claudia's is insanely gorgeous!

2:14 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hey Marnie,
Yes, extremely demanding customers are really one the rise. Sometimes those Ravelry boards just get a little bit out of hand--I'm trying to stay away from the negative drama for a while.
And from the 'great minds think alike' department: I just bought some Malabrigo lace today (either Pagoda or Tuareg) for the Swallowtail!! When are you starting?

3:01 PM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

The Claudias is the first custom colourway for Year of Lace "Sivia's Hot Brick Orange" 100% silk. It is indeed to die for! As for the Swallowtail KAL, hey ADD, ready when you are!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home