Saturday, May 20, 2006

Just call me slumpy…


I haven't updated things for a while. I am still loving the new job. I finished training today have a couple of days off and am going to my permanent location on Tuesday. We had cupcakes from Crave to celebrate. Other than that, loving the nice weather we've been having lately. My garden needs a ton of work but at least there is lots in bloom right now so it's pretty. There are only so many things you can do, I work on it as and when I can.

We had a nice Mothers day, the boy made me a card and brought me toast and coffee in bed, we went to rugby and it was a great, and we barbecued burgers for dinner. Mother's Day always makes me so sad. I miss my Mom and usually spend the day (and the week before and the week after) depressed but pretending to be happy so my son won't think he's done something wrong.

I'm still working on a few knitting projects but it would be nice to post a picture of something that's finished and I haven't finished anything lately. My sister's socks are progressing nicely and I'm almost done a very simple wrap I started ages ago. I've swatched for my tank top but haven't started it yet. Knitting blahs must be catching, you read about someone else in a bit of a slump, next thing you know, you are too. Hope I don't pass it on.

I don't know, I'm trying to be upbeat but truth be told, It's been a rough month and I'm having trouble getting my head around some things. Good things have happened (like the job) and some not so good things are happening as well. Not to do with me directly but my family and it's just getting me down. I tend to go quiet when things are not so good, nobody likes a Gloomy Gus right? I got an e-mail from a very special old friend today. When ever he e-mails me to see if everything is OK, it's usually a sign that is isn't. Last week, my oldest girlfriend e-mailed to ask if I'd changed my e-mail. Guess it's time to pull up my socks (or go work on my socks, one of the two).

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Marnie, I am glad to see your son did you so proud on Mother's Day. Life just seems like this sometimes; a lot of this and that, nothing great and crap happening. I am glad you love your new job. I don't feel like I am doing much knitting either these days; that sucks. I hope that this month ends on a better note and that June is better still. Be where you need to be and if gloomy is where it is at so be it.

7:24 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I know all abouyt going underground when I'm feeling out of sorts...it's a way of getting space to sort things out. Even with no knitting content, there are many who love your posts, so keep writing!!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you love your new job, and sorry to hear about all the other not so good things that are going on. Life seems to be a constant battle between the good and bad, but the good will always win! I too go in isolation when things are just not right, and that's okay 'cause it gives you some alone time to clear your mind. Hope all goes weel.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home