Friday, January 23, 2009

In Progress...

It feels like I have a lot in progress right now, personal, work wise and knitting. I guess every day is a work in progress if you get right down to it.

My son is awaiting a mental health assessment. I already know he is ADHD and learning disabled, now we are waiting to find out if he is also Bi-Polar or suffering from depression. I can't emphasize strongly enough just how much I love my son, he's an awesome guy... but he isn't easy.

I am in two minds regarding a long time personal relationship. You just got to let me know... should I stay or should I go.

Work is great! I love every person I work with, but it's not my passion and I do need passion.

I just finished an amazing book: "Half a Yellow Sun" about the efforts of the Igbo people of Nigeria to establish the country of Biafra... it's heart breaking... read it!!

Nakiska is still progressing. I am so happy with this lace pattern, more so because of what it's taught me about shawl design. Thanks to the amazing Amy Singer for showing me just how easy lace can be.

I made yet another sister, yet another hat... have I ever mentioned I am the youngest of FIVE girls. Next time you want to kill your teenage daughters, think about my poor sainted mother who had four girls in five years (I was the after thought). When they all took to fighting, I use to hide under the dining room table. I lufs 'em though...




I splurged on socky lovliness... Mmmm Malabrigo and Mountain Colors... how could I resist?

Progress indeed.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Good luck with your struggles, I know it isn't easy.

Love that Malabrigo, but that's no surprise,is it?

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of changes/happenings in your life now. My son is bipolar with severe ADHD - but with treatment we have been managing. I send you good thoughts!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home