Saturday, March 04, 2006

I think I need help…

I have become a wool addict. I admit it. Somebody help me!! It's become glaringly obvious that I can no longer walk in to a store that sells knitting supplies and walk out empty handed. My safest bet is to stay away from them all together. I was on the way to register my son for rugby and there was this little knitting store I'd never been in before and they had the most gorgeous hand dyed wool. It's all shades of amythyst and cobalt mixed in with warm hazels in a mohair/silk/nylon blend. I have this colour/texture thing. I see certain colours and I fall head over heels in love. I know exactly what I'm going to make, and it's an inexpensive project. Still, I shouldn't be buying wool period! Bad! Bad!

There must be some kind of 12 step program for people like me. May be I could find a sponsor who will sit on me whenever I get too close to a store that sells knitting supplies. Perhaps they could whack me over the head with a bamboo needle! I could make the excuse that when Rugby season starts, it'll be lovely to have projects to work on during the practices and games. Last year I missed one practice and no games but it's cold sitting watching the boys (even though I always bring a huge thermos of coffee) and knitting would help pass the time… no that's what the sock project was going to be… Ahhhgh. Friends and family will be getting shawls and scarves and who knows what else… just to justify my habit.

Balls of wool should come with warning lables just like cigarettes do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home