Monday, February 20, 2006

Am I howling in the Wilderness?

If a blog falls in the forest and nobody reads it was it really posted?

So my son was away for the most of the Family Day long weekend--he got back late last night. That gave me a chance to get right into my knitting. The scarf is coming along nicely and the shawl is to die for! Next on the agenda is a new sweater for my little dog. Will post pics when I finish them.

I did have a few things to get done around here too. The recycling was getting out of hand for one thing. Took a load of cloths to my favorite consignment store--Trends in Kensington. It's awesome! When I first started loosing weight, I would take my cloths in to be altered. But I went from an 18 to an 8 and hey, there's only so much altering you can do before you need to start fresh. If you are like me--Diva tastes (now that I've got a body, I want to show it off) and a single Mom budget-new stuff gets expensive. And so I discovered the joy of consignment! Things that don't fit go in, things that do fit come out--gotta love it! Plus, its easy on the environment and anything that hasn't sold within 2 months goes to a women's shelter.

Not that I come out ahead. The money saved on clothes "new to me" gets spent on lingerie--nothin' like knowing there's a red lace bra under that plain old sweater to bring out the goddesss within! But that's another story……

2 Comments:

Blogger Actcrabby said...

Yes, somebody's reading! Please keep the posts coming. I want to see the pictures.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Thanks Agnes,
I had a look at yoour blog and website. I love your work! You have a terrific sense of colour!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home