Monday, February 20, 2006

The Monet coloured shawl and...

Here, finally are some pictures of what I'm working on. So far, The shawl is coming along nicely. I haven't been knitting very long and really wanted to try something new. It's a combination of Estelle Watercolors in "Waterlily" with bands of Estelle Malizia in "Iris" knit in. I thought it might be too hard a pattern for me, but it's fairly easy and on size 10 bamboo needles, it's coming along fairly fast. The two scarves are in a wool I've fallen totally in love with--especially the red--it looks great with my winter coat! the wool is Tosca by Lang. It's so soft and wonderful to work and comes in so may different colors--all with that great self striping--that I picked up several different shades to make scarves as gifts for friends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog. I'm emailing the link to my sister who is also knitting-obsessed, recently betrayed by a low-down ex, and expressed an interest in blogging. You two have a lot in common.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

I hope your sister is coping well. I hope she's at the point where she recognizes she can't control him, but she can totally control how she lets him affect her!

I don't think of my X as a low life. He's just an unhappy guy who is now inflicting his unhappy state on someone else! I elaborated on my X above.

Knitting is excellent therapy for dealing with stress. I find knitting is like meditation, it puts you in a relaxed state.

If your sister enjoys reading, she might enjoy the book "How to be Good" by Nick Hornby. The femal character's descriptions of her husband spoke to me!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home